[thelist] Solution for PHP modifying PDF?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Feb 9 15:35:55 CST 2007

Pringle, Ron wrote:
> It looks like this tool might be what you're looking for [0], though it doesn't look serverside?
> I've not done any work with any of these tools, so I could be entirely wrong.
> [0] http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
> [1] http://www.fpdf.org/en/FAQ.php#17
> [2] http://www.fpdf.org/en/script/script9.php
> [3] http://thierry.schmit.free.fr/dev/mbtPdfAsm/enMbtPdfAsm2.html

Thanks Ron.  I had not noticed pdftk, that's a great start; and indeed
fpdi may do what I need after all -- I didn't read far enough, many
pages on the fpdi site give a lot of attention to its pdf templates
feature.  However I'd love to hear from someone who has been down a
similar road before.  Also since I wrote I've been told the client wants
to keep the initial cost low;  I recalled that Sitepoint had a
newsletter article[0] about PDF Stamping recently, but the el cheapo
solution is Win-only (go figure) while their chosen solution was $4500.

[0] http://www.sitepoint.com/newsletter/viewissue.php?id=3&issue=154#7

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com