[thelist] JavaScript Array and Split

Christie Mason cmason at managersforum.com
Sun Feb 11 18:33:07 CST 2007

I'm so mad at myself for not "getting this" that I'm probably not asking the
right question in the right way.

External.js has
  cData=new Array()
  cData[0]='Auto
Order|../../courseid12663/AutoOrder/autoordercm.html|772|520|0|00:00:0||'

new file
read cData array from external.js then iterate through array and split at
pipe symbol.

Maybe I'm clueless on the definition of "load".  If I use
  <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="external.js"></script>
then I don't seem to be able to grab and split the array called "cData" from
external.js file in the file I'm attempting to create..

If use an include
 <!--#include file="external.js" -->
then the whole external.js file appears on the page like a text dump.

It's got to be easy, but I'm not thinking right about this in some very
basic way.

Thank you,
Christie Mason