[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:07:16 CST 2007

I feel it's just Narcissism vs. Altruism, or Misanthopic vs. Philanthropic.
You either care about how your users will interact with the design, or you
care about the design "in-itself" as unrelated to users.

Same thing with We-oriented corporate fluff copy. An amateur site speaks of
"our" products, and "we" as a company, and "our services". What rot! Nobody
cares about your company or your products. Customers only care about the
Benefit or Result they get when the company has true after sales service and
the product does what the hype claims it will do.

Proof: as soon as the customer service is seen to be horrid, or the product
does not satisfy, consumers run to the competitor next door or on the other
side of the globe.

I pray that all my company's competitors will continue in the Design for
Design's Sake web design. We'll laugh all the way to the bank.

--
Steven Streight aka Vaspers the Grate
Web Usability. Blog Revolution. Ecommerce.

steven [dot] streight [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com