[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Wed Feb 21 15:04:33 CST 2007

> Is there a situation where tiny fonts can be appropriate? I'm
> all ears. I can think of none.

after your recent comments about how pretty pictures add nothing to
sales efforts, it's hard to imagine an argument which would convince you
of the *artistic* merit of playing with font sizes.

fonts are beautiful. sometimes, in art, the beauty transcends the words
being written. (sat behind someone last night whose blouse was covered
with partially to completely unreadable script - but, as a design
element, it was fascinating; I kept looking at it, trying to figure it
out, rather than paying attention to what was going on around me.)

however, in a commercial endeavour, usability rules. it's just that,
there's more to the web than commerce.

and this is my last final comment about this whole font thing. again.

joel