[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:57:43 CST 2007

> Am I mistaken, or did this come about largely because of text
> messaging on cell phones?  It's such a pain to type when you have to
> hit a button up to three times per letter, and sometimes have to
> pause between letters, that people learned to abbr evrythg

That took it it to the mainstream. I remember however using the same
on old BBS systems in Commodore 64 times, basically as it was
expensive to be connected and the connections were flaky so every
second counted. ULED NU DMO, SPRD PLZ wasn't uncommon :)
--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com