[thelist] [OT] Describing role of individual developer operating as a company

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Mon Feb 26 11:02:45 CST 2007

Steven Streight wrote:
> This is sounding contrived, "web dev operating as company".
>
> You are not a company, for a company needs at least two people. A single
> individual, to my mind, is not a company or a family or a race or any group,
> you are just Self Employed. You are your  own boss, but you are not a
> company.

I think it's best to describe yourself as a company. It sounds
contradictory to the first definition you'd find but that's what it is.
It avoids a lot of being messed about (I've seen).

At the end of the day, you're not going to get two webmasters saying
"And which company did you get to do this?" - "Oh, I didn't - it was an
individual."

Regards,
Barney