[thelist] [OT] Describing role of individual developer operating as a company

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 11:03:24 CST 2007

Not strictly true in my situation.

True I am an independent one man developer. I don't hire anyone, (apart from the accountant).

However I am not self employed - technically I work for a company that I happen to be sole director of, (and the company happens to be called the same name as myself).

A company, (in terms of finance) does not need 2 people...

The reasons behind this are purely financial - once you earn above a certain amount a year, (about £35k before tax) it becomes more prudent to trade as a limited company.

Austin Harris (Ltd!)