[thelist] Calendar solutions

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:12:55 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, Rob O'Rourke <rob at sanchothefat.com> wrote:
>     I was thinking of a JS solution like YUI but how are the dates you
> see added? It's more for picking dates isn't it or can dates be
> added/entered via an xml file or similar?

Just as with all of YUI, the calendar component is extremely flexible
with a robust API exposed -- you can use as a date selector or
otherwise. I used YUI calendar for a client who wanted to show
available appointments based on user search criteria and parameters of
a given appointment (i.e., time required, resources required, etc.).
This was nearly a year ago, and they have made much progress since.

The API is very clear, very flexible, very well thought out. There is
no doubt it would work for your friend's problem.

> using sunbird or something. Can sunbird produce a feed to the YUI calendar?

Yes, but your friend would need to write code to retrieve the XML,
walk the tree, and translate the XML to API calls (would be relatively
simple in this case)

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA