[thelist] Calendar solutions

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Wed Feb 28 22:16:02 CST 2007

Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:56:35PM +0000, Rob O'Rourke wrote:
>
>>     I'm a bit pushed for time so haven't been able to do much of my own
>> research so far. I have a friend who needs to implement a calendar on a
>> website showing available dates for holiday homes, so it has to be easy
>> to imbed in a simple web page.
>>

> Sorry, if this was already mentioned, but if you want to use ical as
> input you might look at:
>
>     http://phpicalendar.net/
>
> The demo site is really slow, though.

No worries Bill,
    we use PHP iCal for our various work schedules/diaries but this
project requires a way of embedding the calendar within simple web
pages, not a calendar application. It's for the benefit of people
renting holiday homes so that they can see when a place is available. If
you look at the link in my last post you can see what I was getting at,
I have a solution but I'd like one that didn't have to be bought per
domain name so I'm going to do some legwork into turning the YUI
calendar into an iCal displayer as a side project.

    Cheers,
    Rob