[thelist] using PayPal for event registration

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Mon Mar 5 13:58:23 CST 2007

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions for PayPal coding or a free/inexpensive
cart that works with PayPal for event registration.  My client is
offering twelve weekend workshops over the summer.  She wants to
offer the option to choose a second weekend if the first choice is
already booked.  She wants to offer the option to put down a deposit
or pay in full, and she wants to offer the option of a private room
at additional cost.

So here are the variables:
- first choice of date
- second choice of date
- deposit
- full payment
- private room optional

As I understand it, the PayPal cart by itself can't handle options
that increase cost, and it can only handle a maximum of 10 option
values, so I can't use it for the 12 workshop dates.  Or am I wrong?

I want to collect all the information in one shot, and I don't want
a forest of PayPal buttons with limited options for each -- I want
to keep it simple.  Is it possible to code all this into one PayPal
transaction?  If not, can anyone recommend a good cart that is
simple and suitable for event registration, and works with PayPal?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.pintsize.com
meredith at pintsize.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
and/or confidential. This information is intended for the exclusive
use of the individual(s), entity, or persons named or indicated
above. Any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of any parts of the contents of this message/information is
strictly prohibited by federal law. Any attempts to intercept this
message are in violation of Title 18 U.S.C. 2511(1) of the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA). All violators are
subject to fines, imprisonment or civil damages, or both.