[thelist] Separate text node from containing element using JS?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:10:45 CDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Barney Carroll <barney at textmatters.com> wrote:
> This is what I was after... However I've decided that javascript is 'too
> late' (I'm almost certain some of my actual clients disable javascript)
> - if I'm going to do this at all I should find a way for my content
> editor (Kupu) to insert the spans there in the markup. It shouldn't be a
> case of client-side activity, methinks.

You would know best, because you know the purpose of this styling. If
it has a functional purpose, you are correct. I assumed it was simply
a style issue that does not impact functionality (but perhaps
usability), in which case it is a completely appropriate use of
JavaScript.

Just a thought.

--
Matt Warden