[thelist] conflicting javascripts

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Mar 14 01:04:59 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I ran into an issue tonight with 2 conflicting javascripts that many of
you are probably familiar with.

1- the rel="external" js to replace the target (which i've modified to
run off rel="child" so its an easy click in wordpress for the XFN options.)
2- a behavior class for an unobtrusive javascript that can be found
here:  http://www.bennolan.com/behaviour/behaviour.js
written by Ben Nolan and Simon Willison

When the external target function is included, the behavior class ceases
to function (without any error in the inspectors)

Is my keyword use of "child" the issue here?

Or, do i need to register a new behavior within that class for the child
rel's?

The coding of the behavior class is a little over my head.

Appreciate any advice.

-B