[thelist] inline css

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Mar 16 18:03:24 CDT 2007

Mattias Thorslund wrote:
>> But but but, the details are usually quite helpful.  Why are you able to
>> use inline css and nothing else?
>
> One case when inline CSS styling is pretty much the only "safe" bet is
> HTML emails, isn't it? That would be because many email clients don't
> support a <style> tag in the document (which would be much prettier IMO).
>
> My experience on this might be outdated, however.

That was why details of the situation would be helpful -- Casey did not
say that this was for email; IIRC he didn't state which media this would
be for at all.

As for css styling in HTML email, it's not quite as bad as all that[0],
or at least until it wasn't until Outlook 2007 arrived[1].  Sigh.

[0] http://www.sitepoint.com/article/code-html-email-newsletters
[1]
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/01/10/microsoft-breaks-html-email-rendering-in-outlook/

--