[thelist] line height CSS weirdness

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Sat Mar 17 00:43:24 CDT 2007

Okay, I've been bonking my head against a wall with this one...

I have a page with JavaScript-generated pull-quotes.  The pull-quotes
have a "pullquote" class that applies the appropriate CSS.  The part
I can't figure out is that on this page the lines in the pull-quotes
are being spaced out for some reason -- it should be normal line-
heights.

The best I can guess is that for some reason a line-height is
affecting things, but I can't for the life of me figure out how!

Easiest way to see CSS is to use Web Design plugin in Firefox
probably... there are three stylesheets that affect the page, and the
only one that even mentions line-height has it set to "normal".

Note that if I run this JavaScript on a different page (different CSS
for the page, but same for the quotes) it works fine.  I can't find
anything in the page itself that could do this!

<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/features/wp-javascript-pull-
quotes/>

Haven't tested in IE Win, but the exact same issue in Firefox and
Safari, which is why I suspect this is somehow coming from the CSS
and not a random browser bug....

Thanks for any help,

Stephen Rider