[thelist] line height CSS weirdness

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Sat Mar 17 11:57:17 CDT 2007

Remind me never to email the list when I'm tired....

On Mar 17, 2007, at 12:43 AM, Stephen Rider wrote:

> I have a page with JavaScript-generated pull-quotes.  The pull-
> quotes have a "pullquote" class that applies the appropriate CSS.
> The part I can't figure out is that on this page the lines in the
> pull-quotes are being spaced out for some reason -- it should be
> normal line-heights.
>
> The best I can guess is that for some reason a line-height is
> affecting things, but I can't for the life of me figure out how!

The Page:
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/features/wp-javascript-pull-
quotes/>

Page CSS:
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/wp-content/themes/classic/
style.css>

Pull-quote CSS:
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/wp-content/plugins/jspullquotes/
jspullquotes-core.css>
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/wp-content/plugins/jspullquotes/
styles/modern.css>

Tthe pull-quote CSS shows normal line-spacing if applied to a
different page design.  I've looked through the page CSS and can't
find anything that's causing this.

Haven't tested in IE Win, but see the exact same issue in Firefox and
Safari.

Again, thanks for any help!

Stephen Rider