[thelist] Friday Laugh

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Thu Mar 22 22:47:45 CDT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 20:09, Ken Schaefer wrote:
> You may need to check why you are getting that error, as I have no problems
> accessing the site using IE7 (well, at least no warnings about
> certificates). It may just be that your machine does not trust the issuing
> CA (GTE Cybertrust Global Root)

Looks like all IE7 is doing is keeping the user from having to deal with a
pop-up when it's a private cert, no big deal. You don't have to pay $ to have
a cert and https, just roll your own and you'll get the same pop-up. I get a
warning in Firefox about a cert mis-match too from .hup and have the same
options to continue, examine or not as does the IE7 example.
--
cheers,

        mark