[thelist] FF and IE CSS problems with height

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Mar 23 01:37:03 CDT 2007

The top of the right column is hidden because you have overflow:hidden - but
more importantly, the markup looks a bit like something I would produce
after banging my head for a few hours trying to get something to work within
what code I already have when I should have been considering a new plan of
attack.

Myself, I would consider using tables - to me, that is preferable to using a
CSS hack which is not as likely to display as intended in future browsers
whereas there is no concievable reason to suspect a table based layout won't
work fine in perpituity.

The layout I think you're looking for is certainly doable with CSS. Could
you rephrase what you're going for - I don't think I understand the effect
you want concerning the footer and use of min-height ... if y explain what a
mockup would look like or better, show us a simple graphic of your intended
layout.

- Erik, no spell checker, G4 finally died, getting by on refurbished Acer
laptop for now