[thelist] [OT] what is a pirate [was: File delivery system?]

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 08:32:32 CDT 2007

Shawn K. Quinn scribeva in 25/03/2007 0:24:
> Please don't use the term "pirate" to refer to one who makes copies in
> violation of copyright law and/or the author's intent or wishes.
> Unauthorized copying is in no way comparable to robberies and murders on
> the high seas.

Sorry Shawn if my choice of words did upset you.

But you see, as English is not my mother tongue, I have to rely on
resources like Merriam-Webster[0]:
"3 a : the unauthorized use of another's production, invention, or
conception especially in infringement of a copyright"

.k

[0] http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/piracy

<tip>
If you are on Windows and would like to access a sftp server as regular
drive, then products like SftpDrive[0] and WebDrive[1] will help. With
them you can assign a drive letter to a sftp server, and access the
server from any program, be it legacy DOS-application and Ant's sync task.

[0] http://www.sftpdrive.com/
[1] http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/index.html
</tip>