[thelist] File delivery system?

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:06:48 CDT 2007

The reasoning behind my request of allowing the client to download the file
have nothing to do with piracy.
The odds of the download not completing are very low as most of the files
he'll be downloading are < 100kb and he has a DSL connection. In addition,
as long as he doesn't navigate away from the page, the link would still be
present, just in case the file didn't download properly.

Currently we've been e-mailing him the files one at a time, but this has
proved extremely labor intensive due to his lack of computer literacy.
We're constantly having to re-email the files because he keeps
losing/deleting/ and marking as spam the emails that he receives from us,
which wouldn't be so bad except that he calls complaining that we haven't
sent him the file and raises a fuss about it all, only to later call and say
that he found it.

I want a system that will show him the files that we have for him to
download and once he downloads the file I want it to filter that file from
the list so that he doesn't get the same file twice.

Do I expect that everyone here will agree with me that this is the best way
to handle it? No, I don't. So, does anyone know of a free/cheap script I can
get that essentially does what I've outlined above, or do I need to roll my
own?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Weiss