[thelist] What are paypal alternatives?

Matthias Ritzkowski matthiar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:47:43 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I used paypal twice last year, for really small sites. I only used their
fixed "Buy now" button, and built the code dynamically with php. No
shopping cart.

This February I did the same for a bigger transaction scope
 at
http://www.germansaturdayschoolboston.org

and we have had a ton of paypal related problems. Customers having to open
paypal accounts instead of being able to use credit cards etc.
The total volume is $200,000 so we pay a good chunk of fees to paypal, but
get no support service whatsoever.

What else is out there? What do people use when they don't use paypal?
I just looked at http://www.chronopay.com/ ... Are they legit?

Thanks for any input!
Regards
Matthias