[thelist] Opera Error console

Daniel James daniel_james at fmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 17:28:40 CDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:33:55 +0100, Matthias Ritzkowski
<matthiar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried googling for this error message I see on Opera's error console
>
> Opera has modified the JavaScript on my.domain.com (Prototype fix
> applied)
>
> What is the prototype fix?

Look for the 'browser.js' file in Opera's setting directory, it contains
some javascript that's run for every page you visit, to fix
incompatibilities with Opera. If you search for 'Prototype fix' in that,
you'll find the code that causes this message. It looks like it's
replacing Opera's implementation of Array.prototype.concat with one that
works better with Prototype - Prototype seems do the same thing itself in
recent versions. Probably nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps,

Daniel