[thelist] Validating Mime Type of Uploads

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 28 09:26:18 CDT 2007

What you would be "validating" is whether the user has the mime type
correctly set up on their box, not anything about the file. If they have
.pdf defined as application-x/Princess Di, that's what their browser will
send. But your server will in turn send whatever settings it has when the
same file is subsequently requested from the server.

What needs to be accomplished by looking at the file's mime type at this
point?