[thelist] Career Help

Vel Pillai vel.pillai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:22:53 CDT 2007

Hi Nancy,
>From my experience. the absolute best way to acquire/update skills is to
learn "trial-by-fire".
Create some sample application something you might use for work or for
yourself using a skill you want to acquire say, PHP/ Mysql.

O'reilly publications sells some great web development books.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/learnphp5/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/webdbapps2/  (At a professional level, I find
this book to be very useful)

Good Luck!