[thelist] Career Help

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Sat Mar 31 10:24:55 CDT 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> On 3/30/07, Donna Jones <donnajjones at gwi.net> wrote:
>
>> ah .... you reminded me of what i have to say about courses.  I, too,
>> think local courses are really really bad
>
> I'm curious -- what kind of "local courses" are you referring to?
>
> In the US at least, community colleges may offer evening classes
> in technical subjects, and the fees are, in my experience, quite
> reasonable. (My experience with them is limited to California and
> Hawaii, though, so YMMV.)

I think people are referring to just those types of courses, many (if
not most) of which are still teaching table-based layout and <font>
tags galore as the way to do things.  They generally are "reasonably
priced", but often still not worth it.  If they point people in the
wrong direction from the start they can do more harm than good....

Regards,
Stephen Rider