[thelist] ftp upload stuck problem

Pieter Roosens pieter at roosensdesign.com
Tue Apr 3 09:38:54 CDT 2007

>> To other servers I have no problem but here uploading with any ftp-
>> program (on my Mac OSX) got stuck (freezes ..) but then the file is
>> uploaded indeed.
>> It seems that my system doesn't receive an "end" signal?
>> The support guys tell me that it could be the connection ...?!
>
> this is a guess, really: try switching the FTP client from PORT to
> PASV, or the other way 'round, and see if that makes any difference.
>
> joel

Thanks Joel, but I tried that passive switch and didn't work, but ...

... I found some help file on their support pages which says to
change all text files to upload as binary! That worked well with a
test file!  But now I don't know if it's a good thing to upload "all"
text files in binary. Normally it's wrong, right? I want to upload
Joomla CMS there .. a bunch of php files ... Won't this harm Joomla?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Pieter