[thelist] selling ebooks

David Lindblad fluidcom at cogeco.ca
Thu Apr 5 23:24:28 CDT 2007

Not only did I find the book I was looking for... I found a site that
had a tool to crack the encryption on the book... another site that had
a cracked version of the book (for free download)... YIKES!

There are a few commercial software programs that can bypass security
however they cannot do so on a PDF with a set password to open the
document. That being said, anyone who purchases the e-book can still
pass along the file and passwords to friends co-workers etc.

Whatever you decide I would strongly suggest disabling printing as
someone can print/distill to PDF and create an unsecured version of
the book.

If Lulu is offering DRM "per book" pricing I would re-visit that as
an option.

Dave