[thelist] images - dropshadows & diagonal lines

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Fri Apr 6 09:44:11 CDT 2007

Hi, two problems - visit www.dottedi.biz/codesamples/images.html

1) I created an image using GIMP and added a dropshadow.  Displayed in
gimp or photoshop the dropshadow looks good. Displayed on the desktop or
through a browser the shadow displays as solid black.  That "ain't" right.

2) What is the technique the take an image, rotate it a couple degrees
left or right, then resave and get a reasonably good looking image
without jagged edges where the pixels break up?  Something to do with
anti-aliasing?

I want to do something similar to the Managing Contents image on this
page: http://www.thepixelage.com/

-Bob