[thelist] selling ebooks

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Apr 6 18:31:29 CDT 2007

> I've never used an ebook (give me a good hefty chunk of dead tree any
> day) but surely they can't stop you from taking screen shots. And if
> they could, a little time with VNC or VMWare would get around that.

same reason for not photocopying a dead tree book (speaking completely outside the world of ethics, which we wouldn't do; I hold books nearly sacred so this is purely hypothetical)

you could scan/OCR or photocopy a book, and give copies to friends. but if you add up the time, paper (if any), etc., there aren't many books where you'd actually be saving money doing that instead of just buying another legal copy.

could probably automate the process, but if you're that good, you'd just use your power for good instead of evil anyway

joel