[thelist] Ack! Multiple IE installer broke! Need help!

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 06:41:36 CDT 2007

Micky Hulse scribeva in 08/04/2007 5:04:
> <http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE>
>
> I am on XP SP2... The above software (multiple IE's) were working just
> fine

My advice (again :-) is: forget multiple IE's - they are no good. Some
things don't work as they would work, if the IE were the only IE on the
system. IIRC at least conditional comments and scripting engine always
work according to the latest IE on your system regardles what version
you are running.

Multiple IE's just give you an illusion of proper testing, thus actually
being more harmful than no testing at all.

Use Virtual PC[0] instead. Or get MS's readymade package of XP sp2 with
IE6[1].

.k

[0]http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx
[1]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70868