[thelist] zindex problem

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:37:46 CDT 2007

thelist,

See: http://mwarden.f2o.org/zindex.png

Yes, they look like select boxes, but trust me, they are text boxes
with a cleverly-placed background image. The "drop down" portion is a
div. So, this is not the well-known select/iframe bug in IE.

I cannot reproduce this issue on any browser except IE 6.0.2800.1106.
I have IE 6.0.2900.2180 on my laptop and the issue is not present.

Who cares, right? Well, unfortunately, the former version is the
version used by my client (my client is a particular state of the
Union, so let's avoid entertaining ideas of little ol' me getting them
to change their state-wide standard browser).

Has anyone seen this before -- a text box bleeding through a div?
Could this be caused by equal z-index values? Another issue?

I could show the CSS, but since I have narrowed this down to a
specific build of IE6, I doubt it is an issue with the CSS. So, I'm
mostly looking for info on a browser bug (searching for "IE CSS bug"
on google returns a few too many results to sift through
efficiently).go

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA