[thelist] ajax, javascript libraries - security.

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Apr 16 17:21:45 CDT 2007

I've really come to see the attraction of JSON as a pure data format. My
initial inclination was towards XML because it was so descriptive, but
as I've worked with JSON more I really like it as a compact, lightweight
format. We've been working with a recent UI that relies very heavily on
ajax communication and I can say that JSON has largely won me over
because of decreased overhead. Smaller transfer load equals a faster UI
response. I still think that XML has its place, especially for
communicating between disparate systems not under the control of the
same developers, but as a simple data set transfer mechanism, I think
JSON has a lot to offer.

Judah