[thelist] Applying stylesheets to IFRAMEs

Brent Eades beades at almonte.com
Sat Apr 28 18:45:16 CDT 2007

I've been tinkering with Yahoo's 'Pipes', and have created a search tool
that digs through economics-related RSS feeds, and returns the search
results into an <iframe> on my own site:

http://almonte.com/pipes/pipes2.html

I realize that <iframe> is not ideal practice. But at the moment I can't
think of a better way.

Iframes don't, of course, inherit the CSS applied to the parent
document. I've tried quite a few ways of applying a given bit of CSS to
the <iframe> contents, but to no damn avail yet.

So, two questions:

1. Is there a reliable away of 'forcing' CSS on content contained in an
iframe?

2. Better still, is there an alternative to <iframe> that I'm not
thinking of? The main advantage of <iframe> is that it can be the target
for the output of forms, which I don't believe an <object> can be... but
maybe I'm forgetting something here, an approach better than <iframe>?

--
Brent Eades
Almonte, Ontario