[thelist] PHP File Upload, Image Resize, Gallery Articles or Tuturials

Chris Dempsey evolt at cubeit.co.uk
Wed May 2 03:39:52 CDT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone have some links to articles discussing the creation of an Image
Gallery using PHP?  Very roughly what I need details on is allowing users to
upload a high res image [maybe 3-5mb in size] and have a thumbnail created.
The rest [user login, categories, thumbnail display etc.] I'm sure I can
handle.

In particular I'm looking for guidance on what the largest file size the
native PHP upload function will handle without timing out, and if PHP has an
inbuilt function to resize images or whether I need an aftermarket
component.

Sorry to be so lazy and not take my ass over to Google, but I'm pushed for
time and would prefer to read quality rather than search through the
irrelevant stuff.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Chris Dempsey

Company Information
The E-DGE (Studios) Scotland Ltd. is a company registered in Scotland at AFM
House, Prestwick, Ayrshire KA9 1BR with Reg no. 312416 and VAT no. pending.

Disclaimer
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that all emails are virus free the
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email. Our company accepts no liability for the content of this
email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No
employee or agent of the company is authorised to enter into a binding
contract on behalf of the company with another party by email without
express written confirmation.