[thelist] Regex help

Tab Alleman talleman at Lumpsum.com
Wed May 2 15:16:10 CDT 2007

Been trying to figure this out, but I haven't found a way to do what I want in any of the tutorials out there.

Say I've got a string like this:

any combination of characters + "START" + any combination of characters except START + "START" + any combination of characters except START + "END" + any combination...

I want to create a regex that will grab the chunk of the string between the SECOND "START" and the next "END".  The pattern I created grabs from the FIRST "START" to the first "END":

START.*?END