[thelist] PHP File Upload, Image Resize, Gallery Articles or Tuturials

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Wed May 2 17:58:38 CDT 2007

With large files it's also nice to get some idea of progress.  This is
something I ran into a while back, tested, nice:
*uber*-*uploader*.sourceforge.net/

If phpthumbnails does not work, take a look at ImageMagick and
'convert'. It's got lots of intriguing image manipulations options way
beyond creating thumbnails.  With the image galleries that I play with I
use it to create varying sizes of uploaded images.

Question back at y'all - I also have PHP scripts to upload PDF documents
- regarding limits, on one of the sites (hosted) the script will upload
up to about 2MB, then fails (probably the same limit with all documents,
images, etc);  the hosting service said they have no limits in place,
but I'm wondering if there is a 'default' in place that I can override?

This is good information.  -Bob