[thelist] site design credit / photography permission

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri May 4 11:06:10 CDT 2007

On 4 May 2007, at 15:16, Bob Meetin wrote:

> Will they need to get either verbal or written permission to show
> an installation which will focus on their product but likely
> include the owner's house in the background?
>
> How about a commercial location, say a gate around a parking lot?

Hi Bob

As long as there's no people involved (so no modelling fees to be
argued for), and the location isn't clearly obvious, then there
shouldn't be any legal requirements in most jurisdictions.

That said, if I were the client, I'd be sure to get releases signed
by all customers to enable them to be used as references, as the
damage from word of mouth is generally much worst than that from
legal proceedings.

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/