[thelist] CSS + IE = failure

dave [evolt] evoltlist at dropcase.com
Fri May 4 14:19:44 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with a site I'm working on. You've heard it before: It
looks fine in FF, SeaMonkey, and others, but looks like garbage in IE6
and IE7. The link:
    main page - http://snipurl.com/1jcw5

The page looks ok on this (static) page in IE7, but the menu is shoved
to the right in IE6:
    test page - http://snipurl.com/1jcwm

The markup/style for the tabs is from ALA
(http://alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/). I've been looking
around, but I'm not entirely sure what to look for. The closest thing
was from this past December
(http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20061218/186871.html), using
"css IE6 IE7 float" (sans quotes) as my search term.

So far, I've put the style inline (as opposed to linked), and tried
removing pieces of the page (div) to see what makes it look better. Also
removed "float: left" in several places, one at a time... no luck.

Help, please. My brain hurts...

// DL