[thelist] CSS Woes

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue May 8 13:49:30 CDT 2007

> if I understand correctly, your goal for the content area is
> to, on the fly, display different columns of existing data,
> in a fashion suitable for side-by-side comparison?

for instance, like this?

|   nav  | container0                     |
|        |--------------------------------|
|        | float  | float  | float  |     |
|        |        |        |        |     |
|        | more   |        |        |     |
|        | stuff  |        |        |     |
|        | in the |        |        |     |
|        | column |        |        |     |
|        | which  |        |        |     |
|        | wraps  |        |        |     |
|        | due to |        |        |     |
|        | wodth  |        |        |     |

so you're floating entire columns left against each other?

agh; that won't ensure apples on one line, oranges on the next, side-by-side

there has to be a way to think vertically instead of horizontally.

what if you do in fact use a table, classing each cell (<td class="item_01">) so you could visible/invisible all that class, without affecting the rest of the <tr> ? it would isolate vertical, columnar sections of data.

joel

Checked by AVG Free Edition.