[thelist] (no subject)

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed May 16 13:35:11 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 11:20, Ken Moore wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I might be starting an email campaign for someone soon. This would MySQL
> either on Linux or Windows. We want to track as many of the following as
> possible.
>
> Open source would be best but any suggestions would help. Thanks

I'm well versed with http://www.phplist.com/ on Apache/Linux, you can do a lot
with it and it's easy on the hardware too. Handles large lists with ease, db
is normalized to the Nth degree and I've used the info from it for other uses
such as pulling users and their attributes out of it for home brewed
membership apps, web pages etc.

Thorough admin area, easy enough to keep Super Admins and contributors apart
etc., all the bells and whistles are there. Commercial support available too
at tincan.co.uk
--
cheers,

        mark