[thelist] What is the best programming language for the web?

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Thu May 24 03:44:38 CDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to open up a discussion on which programming language is 'best'
for web programming.

I have been using php for some years now, but I was recently told that C
could run up to 170 times faster. Raw speed is not necessarily an issue, but
it made me think about using other programming languages.

I am interested to hear other people's opinions, and to see what languages
you use. In particular, I am interested in speed of development, cost,
processing speed/server load and learning curve.

Phil Parker