[thelist] (E)2 Photo Gallery

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Mon May 28 17:19:37 CDT 2007

I downloaded this gallery from:
http://www.e2interactive.com/e2_photo_gallery/demo.php.  You can visit
the downloaded page at: http://dottedi.biz/galleries/e2_gallery/

The problem will be obvious - It errors with:

*Warning*: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would
like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of getimagesize().
If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set
allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in
*/u/vp/dottedi.biz/www/galleries/e2_gallery/getfolders.php* on line *43*

The offending lines in the PHP file look like:

// get image sizes
    list($width, $height, $type, $attr) =
getimagesize($path."/".$file[name], &$info);

Aside from the warning message, the gallery works fine.  I copied the
script onto another hosted server and it does not error.  On the server
where I want to run the app, I do not have access to the PHP.ini file to
disable error reporting.  Suggestions???

-Bob