[thelist] MS Silverlight

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Tue May 29 16:13:00 CDT 2007

Charles (?) wrote:
> You know what I mean, John.   :^)   Until Flash 9 broke the cycle (and I'm
> confident that Adobe is serious this time), the Linux player has always been
> a neglected stepchild, stagnant for years at a time.

That's simply not true.

Mac/Win Players, in English, are the first deliverables. Other languages
follow. Other operating systems follow. Other device types follow.
Documentation of the file format follows. Usually the whole set of
development is done within a half-year or so.

It doesn't matter much, but attempts at revisionist history are a sore
spot with me.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd