[thelist] Cookie question

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:57:47 CDT 2007

I have a client that is a part of an mlm which has provided her with an
auto-generated website. She's now wanting to link to certain products on
that website from elsewhere. However, the website is made up of three
horizontal frames. The bottom frame is the one containing the content, so it
would be a simple issue to just get the URL of that frame. However, while
looking at the situation I realized that it's the top frame that loads a
cookie that identifies which consultant the sales originate from.

So, in order to link directly to an individual product I'll need to get rid
of the frames. But, in order for my client to get commission for any sales,
we need the cookie that is loaded by one of the frames.

My first thought on this was to build a page off-site to set a cookie and
then forward the user to the product page, but some searching through the
archives of TheList has shown that this isn't a viable solution due to the
different domains.

By chance, is there another way to accomplish this that I'm overlooking?

-jeremy