[thelist] Safari on Windows

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 10:21:21 CDT 2007

> Just thought I'd pass it along.  All those Windows and Linux users
> who have been jumping through hoops to test for Apple's Safari
> browser, can take a deep breath and relax.
>
> They've just put out a beta of Safari for Windows.  :)
>
> <http://www.apple.com/safari/>

Just out of curiosity... Can anyone suggest why on earth Apple think
this is a good idea? Do they not think that, between the ubiquitous
Internet Explorer and the free Firefox, the browser market on the PC is
pretty much sewn up? And if there's anything they would like the PC
browser to do that IE and Firefox don't do, what's wrong with plugins or
something?

I'm finding this very puzzling. But then I'm not an Apple expert.

Jason