[thelist] Safari on Windows

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:42:59 CDT 2007

> > They've just put out a beta of Safari for Windows.  :)
> >
> > <http://www.apple.com/safari/>
>
> Just out of curiosity... Can anyone suggest why on earth Apple think
> this is a good idea? Do they not think that, between the ubiquitous
> Internet Explorer and the free Firefox, the browser market on the PC is
> pretty much sewn up? And if there's anything they would like the PC
> browser to do that IE and Firefox don't do, what's wrong with plugins or
> something?
>
> I'm finding this very puzzling. But then I'm not an Apple expert.

If you take a look at the link in question, they are touting it as
being a much faster browser ("up to two times faster than IE").

Wow. Whoever developed that page/subsite has some things to learn. I
had to type that quote out because the text in question was in an
image. A *background* image at that, so not even any alt text. Yeesh!