[thelist] Safari on Windows

Thirty Foot Smurfs!! ryptide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:28:22 CDT 2007

Simple.

1.  The iPhone comes out 6/29 and works with Windows as well as Mac OS X
machines.  Safari is the browser on the iPhone.  In order to have a
"seamless" experience between your mobile device and your desktop machine
(within reason of course, no matter how many times Apple says "IT'S THE REAL
WEB! ON YOUR PHONE!") - it makes total sense to make that same browser
available on Windows machines.

2.  The avenue for putting 3rd party apps on the iPhone is through Safari,
using ajax/web2.0 stuff.  Stands to reason that apps developed for Safari on
the iPhone (since they will basically be web apps) - This has two benefits
when it comes to Safari on Windows. 1) It means developers used to
developing for Windows can now easily make stuff for the iPhone and the Mac.
and 2) Apple is able to get more stuff onto Windows machines.

--
.ernie | ryptide

[ Peripheral Fission ][ Mayavada ][ Squirrels ][ http://ryptide.com ]
[  "Music is the vernacular of the human soul." ~ Geoffrey Latham   ]