[thelist] tabbed nav: won't sit down in FF, head chopped off in IE

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Sat Jun 16 01:17:38 CDT 2007

> Try this in your css:
>
> div#navcontainer{height:24px; margin:0 auto; padding:0;
> text-align:left}
> ul#navlist,ul#navlist li{list-style-type:none;margin:0;padding:0}
> ul#navlist{float:left;font-size: 80%}
> ul#navlist li{float:left;margin-left: 3px;text-align: center}
> ul#navlist a{float:left; width:80px; padding: 5px
> 0;text-decoration:none;}

http://spinhead.info/ah/4.1/

It's working as expected everywhere I can test except IE6, where all the
tabs are 1px too far up. Since this is the browser the client and their
clients are most likely to be using, how can I fix that without just
bumping everything down in all the browsers that get it right?

Thanks again for all the help.

joel