[thelist] File recovery?

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Jun 26 15:22:18 CDT 2007

> I'd still like to know if it's even possible.

I've never heard of most of the stuff (OS, commands, etc.) you refer to.
how closely is this really related to web development?

sorry I can't directly answer your question, so instead, I'll spout
opinion.

I think the real answer is to the file restore question is prevention.
anything else is a crapshoot at best, or will involve hardware-level
mucking about.

if you're making a living with this stuff,
    * have a good backup. always.
    * have a system of checks and balances between your development,
testing, staging, and production environments. don't cheat.

good preparation and exectution beats good 'fixing' skills every time.

joel