[thelist] Vista font sizes in CSS

Robert Douglas robert.douglas at rightmove.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 06:35:17 CDT 2007

Hey all,

We're looking at introducing the Vista fonts into our current
font-family but have found they render quite a bit smaller than the
'traditional' fonts. You can see a screenshot here of 3 fonts set at
12px each: http://anucreative.com/test/vistafonts.gif

Assume I have: body { font: 12px Candara, Verdana, sans-serif; }. If a
user has Candara installed the font is quite small for them; If I bump
up the size to 14px and users *don't* have Candara installed, Verdana at
14px looks awful (IMHO). What to do?

Is there any way to set the size for a particular font to get around
this?

You'll also notice that bold is not very bold for Candara which is a bit
disappointing. Dahwell...

TIA,
Rob.