[thelist] Super Slow Query

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu Jul 5 13:04:25 CDT 2007

>>Do you have an index on the region_id column?<<

Yes.  Like I say, the exact same query in Query Analyzer takes 0 to 1
seconds to complete.  But, I solved the problem.  Instead of adding the
parameter with the SqlDataSource on the .aspx page, I added it using:
SqlDataSource3.SelectParameters.Add("region_id",
drpRegions.SelectedValue) in the code behind.  It now executes instantly
at runtime.

Is this a bug?  Why would it work flawlessly when the parameter is added
in the code behind, but hang when added in the actual SqlDataSource?

Anyway, thanks for listing to me solve my own problems.

Casey